Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thinking about getting rid of the blog

Posted by JeanellePaige at 11:59 AM
I really don't feel like blogging anymore. I mean really... who really cares about my boring life. The only time anyone ever comes here is if I have a freebie. I could be blogging everyday about this that and the other thing, waisting time I could be spending time with my kids or designing but whos gonna care? No one really.
This might be my last blog post.

July 4th-
All 6 kids were here and Brian got some fireworks. Illegal in our state I have to add, and for good reason! I kept telling him to be careful, be careful.... We ended up getting 'shot at' by 3 different fireworks! We keep moving away farther and farther, but the last one tipped over and was shooting straight at our heads! The kids were scraming, I was yelling at them to duck.. it was just BAD!! We were very very lucky that no one got hurt. Next year we will be watching them from inside the house because I can't stop Brian from getting them. I did get some really cool picture of the kids with sparklers though! I haven't uploaded them yet because I have been sick. I started getting sick Monday night, along with Brielle. She woke up in the middle of the night weezing and coughing like a seal. We're both a bit better, but that was very scary for a mommy.

I made a new kit. Well, it might actually be 2 since the last time I blogged but I will just post about this newest one. It is called lighthearted. I was inspired by a LO done for Miss Mint's DNTS contest. I will have to track the lady down and give her the kit for free since she inspired me. If you know how to get ahold of her let me know!!!
Here's a link to her LO:
http://www.peppermintcreative.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=4

Her journaling is just very inspiring.

Here's the kit I made:


I took out these stars because I didn't think that they fit, and I also, while making the preview, forgot to add these pearl strings, so I took them out too. Now I am offering them as a freebie.

You can click HERE to DL the freebie. If it doesn't seem to work for you, copy the link from the browser and paste it into a new one and it should work.

Well, the kids are bugging to go outside so I am getting off of here.

24 friends stopped by to say...:

HaleyW on 7/06/2006 1:22 PM said...

Well I do read your blog -- I hate to think that you are stopping. But I understand not being inspired - completely. I go through it myself. Hope you are feeling better!! Take care!!

Peta on 7/06/2006 2:26 PM said...

unlurking - aww Jeanelle :( {{HUG}}

I just pm'd Melanie who's layout you posted as your inspiration with a link to your blog for you :) :)

JeanellePaige on 7/06/2006 2:30 PM said...

Thanks Peta! I posted a comment on that LO hoping she would see it. That's will help since I don't know how to find her, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

Mar1anneC

Anonymous said...

Most scrappers seem to write a lot about their daily lives, and if you are like that, I would keep the blog going even if you don't feel like anyone is reading. It's a record of your life, and if you're a terrible journal-writer (like me), a blog is a good way of keeping track of what's going on in your life. I know some people print out their blog entries and put them in their journals. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I know, I know, I feel the same way! But...I haven't made any decisions. I guess if we blogged daily like lots of other people, maybe more of them would come on a regular basis, KWIM? Anyway, LOVE the new kit, it's adorable!

{Paige} on 7/06/2006 6:24 PM said...

I read your blog too!!! This had not better be your last post!!! And I love the new kit so you might as well send it to me now!!!!I know how ya feel about bloging though...I feel that way sometimes too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the goodies!

Anonymous said...

OH....MY....GOODNESS!!! You have totally made my day here. Seriously!!! (In case you haven't figured it out yet, it was MY LO!!) Peta was nice enough to send me a PM and let me know about this. Let me just tell you how happy this makes me. I think this is the ultimate compliment!! :) I'm so glad that you loved the LO enough to do something like this. I've worked so very hard on all my entries for the DNTS contest and it's so nice to see that it's appreciated!

Wow...seriously...I am grinning ear to ear! This may be your last blog entry, but you're going out with a bang and making this digi girl so very happy! It's been one heck of a rough couple of weeks and hard to keep the smile on my face, but then I read things like what you wrote and what you have done here. How can I not be happy!?!?

Thanks again...I am SO thrilled!!!

-Melanie (lemonyr@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

I just gotta say I LOVE your designs, and although I don't post comments I read your blog. But, if this is something that is not a priority for you, and if you feel your time is better spent with your kids and family, hey I say GO for it. The time with your little ones will never be given back right? GOd bless sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Enjoying your Sunday Morning Papers. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeanelle, im reading your blog too and it's part of my daily reads whenever i have the time putting myself in front of pc... but you know i feel the same way too about blogging and I thought sometimes what the heck giving my time here if I should be playin' with my lil' boy. But as I look at it, this is my way of letting my family way back home how I'm doing or what's keeping me up especially living on a foreign land. Anyway, thanks for the freebie and i love your new kit! hope to get it soon!

Natalie on 7/07/2006 6:38 AM said...

Jeanelle,
I haven't read your blog before, but Melanie posted your blog on DST so I popped over. :) First, I think it's WAY cool that you made such an awesome kit based on Melanie's LO (and thanks so much for the freebie!), but I wanted to say that I totally understand your reasoning behind considering not blogging. I'm sure I don't have many readers, either, but so far, I've justified the time because I enjoyed it even if it's just for me (a bit like a journal, right?). Anyway, I'm off to read your blog, check out your designs, and probably eventually - maybe later today - do a page in my own blog. At least you have cool stuff to showcase. :)

Heather on 7/07/2006 7:42 AM said...

thanks for the goodies. I know what you mean about the blog thing too. I have one, but only use it to keep track of my LO's. Plus my mom can see the pages too.

I really like you new kit as well.

Anonymous said...

Your new kit looks great! Thanks for sharing the addon.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. I can completely understand about why you would not want to keep it up. I tried a blog and it lasted 2 weeks. It is very time consuming. Thanks so much for the gift.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute stars!! Can't wait to play with them! Love the adorable kit and I am off to check it out closer!

JoAnn on 7/07/2006 8:54 PM said...

What a cute little kit! Thank you Jeanelle!

Carol on 7/08/2006 8:47 AM said...

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the stars :)

Unknown on 7/08/2006 5:52 PM said...

Hello from Brazil !
Thank you for the freebies !

Bonnie on 7/09/2006 1:12 PM said...

I just came across your blog now. Thank you for your star freebie. It is great. Your blog is really nice and I enjoyed reading it. I did just come for the freebie, but I want you to know that I ALWAYS take the time while I am at another person's blog to read about their life. I do so, because I am a blogger too, with two small children and I love to blog, not for the comments or for others, but for myself. And I also offer freebies, but I know some people will come just for the freebies and others will read while there, I have made friends this way. So don't give up, as long as you are enjoying it (which I see you didn't give up!) that is all that matters! Thank you again.Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You so very much!

 

Life... as I know it. {Jeanelle Paige Designs}