Sunday, July 09, 2006

Lazy Sunday Morning

Posted by JeanellePaige at 10:04 AM
So, we slept in today... a little too late, lol. I just put up my Sunday Morning Paper Freebie on my site. Go and grab it! :D
.....

Jillian is driving me nuts! She will be 2 on the 22nd of this month. I have been trying to wean her for months now. I haven't been too aggressive about it though. For over 6 months she has been nursing like a newborn. She doesn't nurse like all the other nursing toddlers I hear about. They nurse about 3 times a day. Jillian nurses ALL DAY LONG!! She WON'T take a pacifier, she uses ME as one. She eats regular food, I give her snacks throughout the day. She drinks out of regular cups and sippy cups.... it's just when she wants to nurse, she WANTS to nurse. I really want my boobs back! If I put my foot down and tell her, "It's not time right now." she will scream and cry and hyperventilate. I always thought I would do the child-led weaning so I have a hard time refusing her. I think I am just going to have to keep refusing her until she forgets all about it. It's going to be a rough few days though. AND I can't sit at the computer. When I sit in the computer chair, it reminds her of nursing. Everytime I sit here she asks to nurse. She calls them 'boobops' "I want boobop!" LOL! She just said it while I typed that! HA HA HA!! Well, I better get off of here so I can go hide from her!
I shall be back!

2 friends stopped by to say...:

Bonnie on 7/09/2006 1:14 PM said...

Oh shame! I had a laugh though! How old is your daughter? She sounds cute. It's terrbile when your body is not your own! Maybe try putting some yucky tasting stuff on those "boobops"!! and see if that will nstantly wean her! Ha ha. I am joking, but it is also worth a try! I know a mom who this worked for!(don't mean to offend you)Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Your little one sounds a lot like my youngest (now almost 3). I didn't have the willpower to say no to "nummies" when she would get so upset.
What worked for me? I went out of town for a few days with my dh and left my then 21 month old dd with his sister (his sister did the same thing with one of her kids).
When we returned I told dd that the milk was all gone and she handled the refusal a lot better than before the trip.
It was probably harder on me than on her, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thanks for your Sunday Paper and everything else.

 

Life... as I know it. {Jeanelle Paige Designs}